Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Why did kevin destruct Viking era against doctor strange?

I think that the reasons Tom had us going forward with the script was that when we told people the idea, they had, we felt, this kind of great love for Nic, this deep well of people just loving him and wanting to see him in the biggest way possible. And so when Lionsgate got involved they had the exact same reaction. Nicolas Cage is one of our iconic American personalities, actors. We want to celebrate him in the biggest way we can. So I would say there was not any hesitation really.it’s funny that you’re hitting on that. We were weirdly thinking about that this morning, we’ve been watching The Big Chill a lot with this other project we’ve been doing and Goldblum is so amazing in that. But the one thing that Goldblum has that Nic has, that I think you’re putting your finger on, is that there is just a widespread sort of enthusiasm and love for that guy. Where not a ton of other actors could have this groundswell to meet them, that people want to see them do well and want to see them succeed. And I think the tide had turned on Nic in some way, and then turned back a couple years ago.

Having seen his dream of making a Viking film come to fruition with “The Northman,” SkarsgÃ¥rd is also grateful to have been a part of shepherding Eggers’ idiosyncratic take to theaters. “It’s exciting when someone takes a swing like this and makes doctor strange 2 free a big movie for the masses with integrity,” said SkarsgÃ¥rd. “I’ve got nothing against franchise movies or blockbuster movies or sequels or prequels or remakes. I think it’s great that they’re out there. But I just wish that there was still a space somewhere between franchise movies and small European art house movies, that we can actually still make big-swing movies like this, where you don’t sit down and you know exactly what you’re going to watch and you’ve seen the characters 10 times before. It’s actually an immersive experience that takes you to another place and another time.”

We also said a good version of that movie is that this would be him buying a castle and preparing to play for Nicolas. Like maybe it’s a totally separate movie, Daniel Day Lewis Prepares, directed by Werner Herzog, and we could just sit back and watch.Nic is credited as doing, I think, 118 films or so—now 119 films. He still really loves acting and he would come with these ideas and some were kinda off the wall crazy, “I wanna French kiss myself,” whatever his version of the form is. And he’s excited, he’s like, “I’ve got it, I can’t wait, can we start on my coverage?” And okay, like pre master shot, you’re starting on Nic’s coverage. He’s interested in doing that but he would always say to me, “And then once I get my thing out, whatever you think you need as a director, I will get you. I know that that’s my job as an actor.” So there was always kind of like this tension, but he would defuse it by saying “I’m going to try to give you exactly what you want.”

The post Why did kevin destruct Viking era against doctor strange? appeared first on KillerStartups.

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires